Houston, we have a box!

Yesterday I glued together the wooden enclosure and am very happy with the result. However I also discovered an issue that I should fix in the next prototype: To keep the vacuum cleaner simple and DIY-able I want the assembly of the box to be as simple as possible, so I avoided introducing joineries like dove-tail-joins, etc.
However, this made it very hard to put the box together without the boards shifting all over the place. In fact I took it apart after a first failed attempt, removed the still wet glue and put it together again. In the next iteration I will make sure that assembling the box is simple, but also easy.

Close Menu