Finally milling!

The wood has arrived and I finally started a complex milling project: A guitar body I designed in March when Corona hit Germany. Unfortunately x & y are still not perpendicular. I thought I fixed this issue by adjusting the endstops, but that puts so much force on the machine that one of the motors will just skip steps at some point. It seems like the neck pocket and the mounting holes for the bridge are where they should be, so the neck will not be crooked and the guitar will not be out of tune. I guess I will realize how bad the inaccuracy really is when, I flip the guitar body to mill the backside. For now I am done though and quite happy with the result. I hope to finish the front side of the guitar by the end of this month

Close Menu